To those who have an invite, here’s the information you need. If you haven’t got an invite and are interested in a similar workshop for yourself or your organisation, I will be running more, so please be in touch by e mail. thanks. One reason why this one is invite only is that the venue is my current home and my friend’s house and garden, so it doesn’t feel right to invite in strangers. Another is that I am experimenting with different models of setting up and inviting people to workshops.
wildfeet : local – about the workshop
Do you recognise the natural environment as a place to resource yourself? Are you seeking some time-out to find a different rhythm and explore nature a little more intentionally?
This is an opportunity to be part of a led workshop to do just this with a small invited group of people who are curious about this relationship with nature.
This day workshop offers:
- guided experiences that deepen awareness of the body and the surrounding environment
- movement sequences and exercises that promote body alignment, interoception (a focused awareness of the internal body, heart and mind) and proprioception (developing spatial awareness and balance)
- mindfulness in nature, writing and playful explorations
All of this will be outdoors (weather permitting).
This wildfeet workshop requires your interest and curiosity and a willingness to fine-tune your senses, but it does not require any experience or specific movement training.
Please let me know one of these responses asap so I know that you are coming or that I can invite others if you cannot take the offer up this time:
- YES I have transferred a deposit of £25 (The full cost is £35), this will secure your place (see payment details at the bottom of this e mail)
- NO NOT THIS TIME but keep me posted about other days
- NO, I’m no longer interested
HSBC sort code and account number:
81262254 (Miss A. J. Richardson)
My approach has evolved out of 20 years of professional practice as movement artist, director, and teacher/facilitator. As foundations for the work I draw on my intensive training in BodyWeather (with Tess De Quincey), Movement Medicine (with Susannah and Ya’Acov Darling Khan) and with Goat Island Performance Company (Chicago) and my own embedded experience as director, maker and group facilitator.
I have been developing this particular strand of my practice since 2006, including a series of hinterlands weekends.